The blueprint for success
It’s almost game day — and there’s only one way to get lasting training that gives athletes a competitive edge
From beginning to end, our innovative training program is designed to teach each athlete the fundamentals and techniques that allow him to learn to coach himself. Our professional coaching staff guides participants through a skill-learning process where every experience has a purpose. This allows each athlete to identify personal needs and develop individual skills, and at the same time create a blueprint for practice and improvement.
The second day of the camp includes an in-depth review of the individual skills and fundamentals taught on the first day. Training begins by developing these same techniques in a systematic order that matches the sequence in which the skills are executed in games. This not only promotes faster skill improvement, it also enables a much deeper retention of learning. More importantly, every athlete will gain a valuable learning experience through drills simulating the pace and pressure of an actual game.
Highlights of the comprehensive approach
- Develop a step-by-step practice “blueprint” of punting drills and fundamentals that translates to peak “game-day” performance.
- Learn the three vital keys that MUST be done to insure the football is successfully punted — quickly and effectively.
- Learn Ray Guy’s secret to great hang time.
- Experience slow-motion video analysis for immediate visual learning.
- Learn Ray Guy’s strategy for “the punt of no return.”
- Compare individual form with Ray Guy’s using video analysis software.
- Learn specialized warm-ups and conditioning programs to prevent injury.
- Learn training strategies for elite performance throughout the season.
- Achieve optimal hand-to-foot “get-off” times and acquire game-ready tempo through “snap-to-punt” training.
- Learn proven alignment, approach and follow-through techniques that will enhance punting form and develop precision accuracy.
- Learn to “survive and thrive” in all weather conditions
- Develop mental skills and strategies that prepare punters to stay relaxed and ready on the sidelines for “come-through-in-the-clutch” performances.
- Increase leg acceleration through advanced drills and techniques that will MAXIMIZE POWER and produce explosive distance and hang time.
- Learn innovative punting techniques for “special situations” that can dramatically gain field position advantage at any moment in a game.
- Learn keys to developing successful warm-up routines.
- Practice and compete with other talented college punters. Learn by associating with others who share a common goal.
- Develop skills and strategy for directional punts, pooch punts, punting for the corner, punting out of the end zone, punting for distance and punting for hang time